FREE VERBAL APPRAISALS EVERY MONTH
NEXT FREE APPRAISAL DAY
SATURDAY MARCH 30, 10 am-1 pm.
ROCKVILLE SECOND STORY BOOKS
12160 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, MD 20852. (301) 770-0477.
Limit five items per person. First come, first served.
Join Allan Stypeck, Antiques Road Show veteran and currently a regular on MPT’s Chesapeake Collectibles, and share with like-minded collectors the excitement of discovering the history and value of rare books and other unique cultural artifacts.
HIGHLIGHTS from the February 23, 2019 free appraisal day: First English edition of Mao’s “Little Red Book” • Anne Sexton: “To Bedlam” First edition, inscribed • Alexander MacKenzie: “Voyage to America” 1801 • Shackleton: “Heart of the Antarctic” • Frederick Cook: “My Attainment of the North Pole” • Inscribed Menu from the National Antartctic Expedition Dinner 1904 • Ben Jonson: “Workes” 1640 • Forman: “Virginia Eastern Shore” • McBrown: “Picture Poetry Book” • Twain: “Roughing It” First Edition.
ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• At Second Story Books' monthly FREE APPRAISAL DAY, Allan Stypeck, Senior Member, American Society of Appraisers, provides verbal appraisals of value for insurance and replacement purposes.
• Free verbal appraisals of books, autographs, manuscripts, photographs, art.
• Limit five items per person.
• This event is held on the last Saturday of every month, 10 AM - 1 PM.
• No appointments: First come, first served.
• Located at 12160 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, MD.
• Free parking in front of the bookstore.
• Ten minute walk from Twinbrook Metro.
A poem inspired by the Free Appraisal Days
written by Lynne Haussler Oakes on January 27, 2018.