[Wendell?], N.C. Monk-Henderson Tobacco Co, . Oblong Octavo, 12 leaves. In Very Good condition. Twelve sleeves riveted into a book format, containing 20 8 in. x 8 in. color photographs on Kodak paper. Photos are able to slide out of housing. Very mild wear and to housing.
Text reading "A memento of an historic occasion with our compliments / Monk-Henderson Tobacco Co., Inc." printed on interior of rear cover. The images are described in the table of contents as follows:
1. The Earth as Seen from Apollo 11 on its way to the Moon
2. Spaceship "Columbia" as seen from "Eagle"
3. "Eagle" on the Moon with the Earth in the Background
4. Neil Armstrong, First Man on the Moon, in "Eagle"
5. A Cautious Descent
6. The First Footprint on the Moon
7. Magnificent Desolation
8. A Landing Pad Shimmers in the Sunlight
9. 40 Pounds of Moon Rock Were Collected for Study
10. The Lower Stage of the Lunar Excursion Module "Eagle"
11. The Work Begins
12. On the Sea of Tranquility, Buzz Aldrin Salutes his Flag
13. Buzz Aldrin Plants the Solar Wind Collector
14. During an Exposure of 1 Hour and 17 Minutes the Solar Wind Collector Captured 10 Trillion Atoms, Blown at Supersonic Speeds from the Sun
15. They Found the Crust was Solid under the Lunar Dust
16. Neil Armstrong Gives us a Good View of "Eagle"
17. Buzz Aldrin Removing one of Many Scientific Instruments Used in Gathering Information for the World
18. Buzz Aldrin Setting up a Seismograph
19. A Flag and Footprints Where None Had Been Before
20. The Plaque Left by the First Men on the Moon: "We Came in Peace for all Mankind."
Extremely scarce, with OCLC showing only one institutional copy. SB Consignment. Shelved in Case 3.
Shelved Dupont Bookstore